Inscription (front): C. S. A. KY. Confederate Dead 1861 - 1865.
Inscription (rear): Erected by the Ladies of Scott County 1888.
Inscriptions (other two faces): (names of soldiers buried in surrounding graves)
Erected in 1888 with funds raised by the women of Scott County, this 20-foot obelisk is set within a circle of 18 Confederate graves. The unpolished granite of the monument is accentuated by polished details, including a carved "drape" motif over the peak and a geometric motif with the C. S. A. and KY. markings carved beneath. In the center of the obelisk's taper is a pair of crossed cannons in relief, and the section between the obelisk and the base features a bronze panel cast with flags, crossed muskets and drum in relief.
Scott County provided 118 white men to the Union Army, while 1,000 fought for the Confederacy.