1. To provide a forum to consider problems and opportunities faced by the counties of Kentucky which are being affected economically, socially, and environmentally by coal mining and other minerals extraction.
2. To provide information and education to citizens and public officials concerning the problems and opportunities of the counties which are members of the Corporation.
3. To plan for and otherwise foster the development of an economy that will support the population when coal and other minerals are depleted.
4. To plan for public services, including the financing of necessary services, in the counties which are members of the Corporation.
5. To provide technical assistance in support of the agencies and officials that are charged with responsibility for dealing with the problems and opportunities associated with mining and minerals extraction.
6. To operate a clearinghouse for the exchange of information concerning practices and procedures which work well in one or more jurisdictions which are members of the Corporation.
7. To possess and exercise any and all such additional powers as are reasonable implied from the purpose hereinabove enumerated and to do and perform everything necessary, suitable or proper for, or incident and appropriate to, the accomplishment of said purposes, and generally to advance the educational and public service work undertaken by the association in any manner and by any means within the limitations imposed by law upon nonprofit corporations of a similar character.