MUHLENBERG COUNTY A - At the County Line between Ohio & Muhlenberg counties, go West on Hwy 62.
- Cross over the Green River
- Historic Churches in the NELSON CREEK community
- Peabody - Gibralter Mine Office
- Mt. Zion Presbyterian Church and Harry Young Memorial Cemetery
- Martwick Baptist Church B - Turn South on Hwy 431 (also known as "John Prine Avenue" through CLEATON.
- Railroad crossing and Richardson Chapel Church
- Airdrie Furnace Site - Historical Marker C - West on Hwy 176 to DRAKESBORO.
- "Hometown of the Legendary Mose Rager"
- Home, Monument and Fountain in his honor D - Left on Hwy 246 (also known as "Merle Travis Highway") to EBENEZER.
- Merle Travis Monument on left side of road
- Ebenezer Missionary Baptist Church (turn around the church parking lot, return to 176 E - Hwy 176 west to GREENVILLE, county seat of Muhlenberg.
- Courthouse/Historical Markers
- Site where General Nathan Bedford Forrest's Troops reconnoitered
- Date County formed
- In honor of those who served in WWI, WWII, Korea and Vietnam
- List of names of those who served
- Also, starting point of the Battle of Sacramento Civil War Trail
- Church of Christ, United Methodist Church and Depot
- Rails to Trails highlighted with caboose F - At Light, turn right at junction of Highway 1380 then north on 189 to POWDERLY.
Sharp Left - First gravel road to the right - Paradise Park.
- Home of Merle Travis (now houses the National Thumbpicker's Hall of Fame Museum
- Porta potty facility out back
- Hall of Fame Stage
- Typical coal miner's residence - open to the public G - Hwy 189 N merges with Hwy 62 N back to CENTRAL CITY.
- Hotel - Convention Center Inn
- Restaurants - Catfish Dock and Brother's B-B-Que
- Turn left onto Hwy 431 (Everly Brothers Boulevard)\
- New Test Church
- Muhlenberg Community College
- City Building - Everly Brothers' Monument is located in the front lawn H - Hwy 81 and 431 merge - turn left at light, cross over RR tracks then north to SOUTH CARROLLTON I - Continue North on Hwy 81 to BREMEN.
- Home of Father's Country Ham
- Neals Chapel Church
MCLEAN COUNTY J - North on Hwy 81 to SACRAMENTO.
- Battle of Sacramento and historic home
- Station Baptist Church
- Molly Morehead's Gravesite K - Continue north on Hwy 81 to RUMSEY
- Lock & Dam #2
- Site of Fort Vienna
- Crittenden's Headquarters during Civil War L - Take Hwy 81 then left onto Hwy 136 CALHOUN
- Camp Calhoun
- Genealogy Center and Museum (coming soon)
- Courthouse M - East on Hwy 136 to BEECH GROVE
- Home of Sue Mundy
- Historic gravesites of Confederate Soldiers
- Largest New Holland Farm Equipment in North America
- 1976 Centennial Bikeway - Need Signs
(Short cut to Daviess County via Hwy 56 - along BILL MONROE BLUEGRASS TRAIL) N - Hwy 136 towards SEBREE.
- Historic Marker - 1st American killed
- Indian Mounds
As one crosses over bridge into Webster County
Coal loading docking O - Continue on Hwy 56 west to SEBREE
- Sebree Deposit Bank - historic
Then south on Hwy 132 just a few miles north of DIXON
- Wildwood Golf Course and Conference Center P - DIXON (County Seat)
- Historic Courthouse
- Site of Civil War skirmishes (historic marker) Q - Take 41A north towards TILDEN
- Famous Outlaw Big Harp (part of a gang from Illinois) was caught and beheaded at
this site (historic marker), His head was displayed on a pole for awhile. R - Turn left on Hwy 56 just past the town of TILDEN
- Everything on the right is part of Camp Breckinridge
- Lady Bird Johnson once held the mineral rights to this land. The Johnson family
still retains these rights
WMTH CORPORATION PO BOX 51153 BOWLING GREEN, KY 42102 PHONE (270) 792-5300 FAX 721-0004