The second and current Jessamine County courthouse was completed in 1878. The architect for the project was Thomas Boyd of Pittsburgh who designed an eclectic courthouse with a Victorian period style. The contract was awarded to F. Bush and Son of Lexington at a cost of $38,385. Renovation took place in 1965 and Standafer Construction Company of Lexington did the work. The renovation was completed under the supervision of Donald B. Shelton, and architect from Lexington. The final cost for the renovation was $345,000.