Email us for more information.

111 S. Main Street
Cynthiana, Kentucky 41031
(859) 234-7136
Fax 234-6647
Construction on the third and present Harrison County courthouse was started in 1851 and completed in 1853. The original contractor John Huddleston failed to complete the courthouse and was replaced by R.M. and William B. Calhoon who completed the building in 1853. A clock and bell tower was added to the cupola in 1856. In 1862, the courthouse was used by John Hunt Morgan to jail several hundred Union soldiers after a battle in Cynthiana. In 1877 renovations took place at a cost of $1,800. In 1915, the county had eventually out grown the building and was going to tear it down, but were convinced by John T. Gillig, an architect, to add wings to the building. This plan was accepted and Gillig was hired to oversee the project.
WMTH CORPORATION PO BOX 51153 BOWLING GREEN, KY 42102 PHONE (270) 792-5300 FAX 721-0004