Email us for more information.

101 North Main Street
Williamstown, Kentucky 41097
(859) 823-7561
Fax 823-1871
  • First Courthouse was built by William Arnold for the sum of $2,199, paid in three equal annual instalments. It was a brick building, two stories high, thirty four feet long by thirty feet wide. The first floor twelve feet high, and the second eight feet. The bar was elevated eighteen inches above the lobby or audience floor, and the “Judge’s Bench,” as it was called, two feet higher than this. The lobby floor was made of brick, closely laid and cemented together. From the bar ascended the flight of stairs to the jury rooms above. This was held to be an ample and commodious building-the sanctum over which the goddess of Justice was to preside and inspire the long successive line of law interpreters and dispensers with the knowledge of the distinction between right and wrong.
  • The third and present Grant County courthouse was completed in 1939. Funding for the new courthouse came from a grant provided by the Public Works Administration. The architects for the project were E.C. & G.T. Landberg and the contractors were the Skinner Brothers of Lexington. The project was completed for a cost of $106,933. The interior was remolded in 1976 under the supervision of McClorey & Savage, architects from Cincinnati, and TCS Contracting of Covington performing the work.
For more information about Williamstown and Grant County, click here.

WMTH CORPORATION PO BOX 51153 BOWLING GREEN, KY 42102 PHONE (270) 792-5300 FAX 721-0004